It’s already the beginning of February, which means it’s time to review what happend in January. A lot has happened during this month, even though the year has only just started. Here a short overview:
- Started Bujo
- Trip to London and Harry Potter Studios Tour
- Starting work again
- Bad Storm
- Boekenbeurs Glanerbrug
- where I donated my books that I sorted out last December.
Obviously, books were bought and read in January. Let’s have a closer look at those. In general, I was pretty excited by the books I’ve read.
- Contagion by Teri Terry – 3 stars
- Girl Online by Zoe Sugg (& Siobhan Curham) – 5 stars
- Horizon City by Jaap Scholten – 5 stars
- Jurrasic Park by Michael Crichton – 4 stars
- Wolkenschloss by Kerstin Gier – 4 stars
- The Rose and the Dagger by Renee Ahdieh – currently reading
In London, I had what I called a Not-Fun-Books buying streak. Which really just means I chose a bunch of books with serious topics (all non fiction as well!), although I cannot really count our new Madagascar guide book ‘not fun’, then again, it’s not just for relaxing reading neither.
- Against our Will by Susan Brownmiller
- Madagascar by Lonely Planet
- Travellers in the Third Reich by Julia Boyd
- DM-ID 2 by Robert J. Fletcher
Then, at the end of the month, was the Boekenbeurs Glanerbrug, where I (as usual) bought a bunch of books as well.
- Komt een Vrouw bij de Dokter by Kluun
- Portret van Enschede by Adriaan Buter
- Terrorist by John Updike
- De Ramp van Enschede
- A History of Scotland by Cliff Hanley
- Forrest Gump by Winstom Groom
- The Black Tower by P. D. James
- PAAZ by Myrthe van der Meer
- Thee by Eelco Hesse
- It’s not about the Bike by Lance Armstrong
Then, there was still a trip to a bunch of second hand stores, where I came away with two new books as well.
- Anonieme Alkoholisten in Nederland
- Mijn allerlaatste Drugstransport by Paul Koning & Arno Ruitenbeek
Last, but by no means least, I got an early birthday present from my sister:
- The Rose & the Dagger by Renee Ahdieh
I managed to post twice a week so far, like I wanted.
- Happy New Year (declutter challenge update)
- Unhaul 2017 Part 2
- Free Little Library – Ponta Delgada
- 2017 Goals Reviewed
- London: Heywood Hills Books
- Whale Watching
- London: Daunt Books
- Mount Pico
- Boekenbeurs Glanerbrug 2018
What did the month of January looks like for you, which events stood out for you?