A while ago, there was the annual Boekenmarkt in Deventer. Like the years before (check 2015, I hadn’t time to write about 2016), there were endless stands of book sellers. Mostly Dutch books, but some English as well and every once in a while a different language mixed in.
Most of the books sold are second hand, which is what the whole fair is supposed to be about. There are a couple of places though, that sell new books. I don’t usually get anything there. I prefer going through all of the old books and trying to find anything that catches my eye.
Just look at all those happy people and their books!
As usual, I didn’t go home empty-handed.
- Ik ben geen racist by Per Nilsson
- Taal is zeg maar echt mijn ding by Paulien Cornelisse
- De Val van Vredeborch by Thea Beckman
- Hasse Simonsdochter by Thea Beckman
- Vrijgevochten bij Thea Beckman
- Ready Player One by Ernest Cline
- Triomf van de verschroeide aarde by Thea Beckman
- Vertellingen uit duizend en een nacht by N. van Hichtum
- Taalgids Portugees