Don’t be scared, but be warned. It’s a long list. I was lucky enough to find someone giving away their entire YA English collection and get a bunch of books from them. Also allowing me to spend most of my money otherwise. So, sit back and relax. It’s gonna take a while.
In the other that I bought/got them:
Bought second hand at a flea market near Göttingen:
- In Sonnennähe by Januz A. Zajdel – a collection of Polish science fiction short stories by Zajdel.
- Wege zur Unmöglichkeit by various authors – a collection of (I think) German science fiction short stories.
Bought at a second hand store in Enschede:
- Lyrebird by Cecelia Ahern
- The Elephant Man by Bernard Pomerance
- The Undomestic Goddess by Sophie Kinsella
- Haantjes by Kluun
Got from my boyfriend, just because:
- The Bookshop Book by Jen Campbell
- The Second Sex by Simone de Beauvoir
- We should all be feminist by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
Got for free through Facebook:
- A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas
- A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas
- Girl Online by Zoe Sugg
- Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
- Dragonfly in Amber by Diana Gabaldon
- Voyager by Diana Gabaldon
- Slammed by Colleen Hoover
- Point of Retreat by Colleen Hoover
- This Girl by Colleen Hoover
- Jewel by Amy Ewing
- The White Rose by Amy Ewing
- All the Light we cannot See by Anthony Doerr
- Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell
- Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
- Great Short Stories of the World by Whit and Hallie Burnett
- Here Comes Trouble by Michael Moore
- Is everyone hanging out without me? by Mindy Kaling
- November 9 by Colleen Hoover
- The Christmas Books by Charles Dickens
- The Circle by Dave Eggers
- Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover
- Mind Games by Teri Terry
Bought as audiobooks to listen on our drive to Switzerland:
- Ach wär’ ich nur zu Hause geblieben by Kerstin Gier
- Lügen, die von Herzen kommen by Kerstin Gier
- Noah by Sebastian Fitzek
Bought in Switzerland, because you can’t go home without souvenirs. The first one at the flea market in Geneva, the second in a regular book shop:
- Feminist Perspectives on Eating Disorders by Patricia Fallon (and other authors)
- The Time Machine by H. G. Wells
Got from the boyfriend, because I really loved the Netflix show:
- Anne of Green Gables by L. M. Montgomery
Yep, that’s all of them. For those (which I’m assuming is everyone) who didn’t count along. It’s a total of 37 books in two months.
This obviously means reducing my TBR isn’t going as well anymore as it did at the beginning of the year. Oh, well. I’m really excited about all the new (to me) books, so I’ll dive in as soon as I can. I’ve already finished a few of these. Others I’m currently reading.
How many books did you add to your bookshelves this month?