As mentioned in my previous blog post, I wanted to check up on the goals I set last year. What happened to them? Were they reached?
I posted two different blog post at the beginning of last year describing my social media goals and my reading goals.
- original pictures on the blogI mostly managed to do this. However, not in the way I planned. I still take my pictures from my Instagram pictures very often. At least they’re my pictures though. So I’ll consider this one half-way reached.
- feminist blog postsNope. Didn’t happen. I still want to, just didn’t really write very many.
- update list of reviews weekly on the blogThis did most definitely not happen.
- let go of ‘the perfect picture’ on InstagramI mostly did this. Most pictures are not too set-up anymore and all of them are taking by phone. I think I can consider this one as reached.
- use my Facebook page moreI didn’t do this. Like with certain other goals I didn’t reach, I still want to, but I didn’t get to it.
- upload reviews on GoodreadsNope, I forgot all about Goodreads for a while.
- interact more on TwitterTwitter wasn’t really in the picture anymore…
- pin new posts on Pinterest once a weekHmmm, I skipped this one too.
- follow more bloggers on Bloglovin’Well, since I wasn’t blogging, I didn’t do anything on Bloglovin’ either.
- read 120 booksI didn’t get to read this many. Especially since starting my new job (that I love!), I’ve not read as much. This is why I set my reading goals a lot lower this year: it has to be realistic after all!
- read 15 books in German and DutchThese I reached. I read 20 books in Dutch and 18 in German!
- read 5 non-fiction booksYes! I read a total of 16 non-fiction books.
- read 10 classicsAlmost, I read 9 books I would consider classics this year.
- read 2 fairy tales each monthUhm… nope. Didn’t happen. Maybe this year?
- Reduce TBR to under 150 booksYes! I didn’t do it reading, I got rid of a lot of my books (about half). Now, my TBR is under 100! So, achieved!
As you can see, I did not achieve all of my goals. I’m ok with that. During the year my life changed (full-time job), so my goals had to change as well. I therefore don’t regret that I didn’t achieve all of them: there were other things that became more important.
How did you do on the goals you set for yourself? Let me know in the comments!