The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba, the Caffeinated Book Reviewer. This way, I can tell you a little about my week and sum up what happened on the blog and everything else that I find interesting.
This week on the blog
- Unhaul #2
- Review: Slated by Teri Terry
Coming up next week
- Home Sweet Home (home tour!)
- Review: Death Comes to Pemberley by P. D. James
I’ve been working on a few new blog posts (yay!), which I’ll spread out over the next couple weeks (once they’re finished).
Mostly though I’m preparing for the holidays, which is a bit strange without any decorations. All I’ve got is one of those Christmas plants (with the red star-like leaves). Most of the money has gone into actually making the new house look nice and comfy, which means there’s not much left to be spend on decorations. I’m fairly certain that I could get my hands on some things, but I’m also very particular about the color, so… no luck so far. Maybe I’ll just skip a year.
I’m having a what-to-get-my-boyfriend-for-Christmas crisis. He’s got a couple of things he would like, but either it’s WAY too expensive if you want a qualitatively good one, or it’s just not good quality. So… argh!
I want new pillows/pillowcases for the living room. I’ve been looking on society6 and there’s just too many! Help!
I’ve started painting the smaller bedroom. We’ll be moving our bed there (most likely), and turn the other room into a sports room. That way we can keep the bedroom nice and uncluttered, and the extra clutter can be in the sports room.
Around the Blogosphere (and such)
- Newinbooks posted an article with 5 reasons to take your child to a bookstore. I don’t have children (yet), but I still found it an important read.
- Priceiswong uploaded a video on her YouTube channel discussing her channel. She makes some great points about uploading videos (content) that you like, instead of just making content that gets a lot of views.
- Jen Campbell recommends a bunch of LGBTQ+ books on her YouTube channel. The last part, where she discusses voices and representation of marginalized/minority groups is also so important!
- There is a Christmas Giveaway Hop going on, which I discovered through Melanie from Dat Little Blog, organized by Soudha from Of Stacks and Cups. Check it out for awesome prices!
- Josie from Josie’s Book Corner wrote the perfect bookish gift guide. My list of books I still want is on wishlists on Amazon.co.uk (if you’re interested in knowing that).