Wow, August has come and gone. Sometimes it felt like it went by too-fast, especially with everything I had to turn in to finish my Master’s; it felt like I didn’t have enough time.
Because of that (and because I’m binge watching Star Trek: Voyager), I’ve not read too much this month. Still, I’ve managed to finished my set minimum amount of books: two per week. That means this month, I finished reading eight books. Most of these books I absolutely LOVED. Though some were a little less interesting. Here’s the breakdown.
- Confessions of a Queen B* by Christa McHugh | 4 stars
- The Battle of the Labyrinth by Rick Riordan | 4 stars
- De Verloren Schat by Thea Beckman | 3 stars
- Kinderen van Moeder Aarde by Thea Beckman | 5 stars
- The Martian by Andy Wear | 5 stars
- In Wahrheit wird viel mehr gelogen by Kerstin Gier | 4 stars
- The Legacy Human by Susan Kaye Quinn | 5 stars
- The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett | 2 stars
- The Duality Bridge by Susan Kaye Quinn | 4 stars
Have you read any of these books? Did you enjoy them, or dislike them?
My favorites this month:
Adult novel: The Martian
YA novel: De Kinderen van Moeder Aarde
Children’s book: The Battle of the Labyrinth
I posted daily again, with a great variety of posts. Here are the ones I myself found most interesting/fun.
Aug 1 | Peter Pan by J. M. Barrie | My review: 5 stars
Aug 2 | Sunday Post #3 | I’m at my parents!
Aug 5 | Deventer Boekenmarkt | I went to the largest second hand book fair in Europe!
Aug 7 | Sunday Post #4 | Half my clothes are gone…
Aug 12 | Confessions of a Book Blogger #2 | I still LOVE children’s books
Aug 13 | Angelfall by Susan Ee | My review: 5 stars
Aug 15 | The Awefull German Language by Mark Twain | My Review: 5 stars
Aug 16 | Sunday Post #5 | New internship & Oreos
Aug 19 | Liebster Award | For everyone who want to know more about me
Aug 23 | Sunday Post #6 | Hamburg trip & bookcase clean up
Aug 24 | Books & Feminism #2 | annoying (female) characters
Aug 25 | Kinderen van Moeder Aarde by Thea Beckman | My Review: 5 stars
Aug 30 | Sunday Post #7 | I’m graduating!