I wasn’t quite sure how to do my July wrap-up. Since I’ve been doing the Sunday Post, it seemed like it might be nicer to wrap up a whole month of blogging, instead of just telling you which books I’ve read. Sure, it’s interesting, but at the same time a list of books is also a bit boring, don’t you think? Therefore, I’ll tell you very briefly about what you might’ve missed this month on my blog.
If you’d like some more personal/life updates, check out The Sunday Posts I’ve been writing (they’re also linked below in my favorites).
I’ve read a total of 15 books, which brings my total number of books read this year to: 110. That means that this month, I’ve completed my Goodreads challenge of reading 104 books this year!
1. The Shock of the Fall by Nathan Filer* – 3/5
2. A Slip under the Microscope by H. G. Wells – 3/5
3. Peter Pan by J. M. Barrie – 5/5
4. The Dead Fathers Club by Matt Haig* – 3/5
5. The Beautifull Cassandra by Jane Austen – 3/5
6. Auf der anderen Seite is das Gras viel grüner by Kerstin Gier* – 3/5
7. Nachtverhaal by Paul Biegel – 4/5
8. The Children of Men by P. D. James – 5/5
9. Swing by Paul Biegel – 3/5
10. MondSilberLicht by Marah Woolf (A)- 4/5
11. MondSilberZauber by Marah Woolf (A)- 4/5
12. MondSilberTraum by Marah Woolf (A) – 3/5
13. Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn – 3/5
14. Angelfall by Susan Ee – 5/5
15. The Aweful German Language by Mark Twain* – 5/5
Children’s book: Peter Pan
Young Adult novel: Angelfall
Adult novel: The Children of Men
I’ve posted every day this month, and there are quite a few interesting posts that you might have missed. Here is a selection of my personal favorites:
4. July | Briefgeheim by Jan Terlouw | My review: 5 stars
12. July | Books Synopses | Here I explain why I always translate them myself
13. July | Confessions of a book blogger #1 | I eat while reading!
19. July | Sunday Post #1 | My first ever post in The Sunday Post
20. July | Books & Feminism #1 | Beauty
26. July | Sunday Post #2 | Where I complain a lot
27. July | Find Me – tag | Trying to find books with certain prompts
28. July | The Children of Men by P. D. James | My review: 5 stars
I also participated in the 3 days 3 quotes challenge. Here are the three quotes I chose: