Yes, I’ve done it! It might be considered sacrilegious, but I cannot keep these books any longer. Most I’m getting rid of (or have gotten rid of) because I really, really don’t like them (dare I say hate them?) and because I don’t plan on ever rereading them. Here’s a list of the books I’ve decided to part with, after the first half of the year.
1. De Koning van Katoren by Jan Terlouw – I had this one twice – it’s already at its new owner
2. De Wraak van het Spruitje by Jan Paul Schutten
3. Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Het Bloedspoor by Christopher Golden and Nancy Holder
4. God was in de Keuken bezig by Paul de Moor
5. Sjakie en de Grote Glazen Lift by Roald Dahl – it’s already at it’s new owner
6. Heidi (2) by Johanna Spyri (German) – already donated to a little free library
7. French Revolutions by Tim Moore – already donated to a little free library
8. Sex and the City by Candace Bushnell – already donated to a little free library
9. Noughts & Crosses by Malorie Blackman – recieved the wrong copy of this; an old and smelly library book- already donated to a little free library
10. Das Alphabethaus by Jussi Adler-Olsen – I didn’t enjoy this book and won’t ever reread it.
11. Ines of my Soul by Isabel Allende – Just not really for me. I’ve read it ages ago, but I won’t be rereading it ever. Hopefully someone else can enjoy it. (this one is still in a box somewhere, but when that box gets unpacked, the book is going!
That’s it for now. Hopefully I won’t ever have to do another unhaul. Except I’m afraid that’s not an option. I will continue to get rid of books that I really did not enjoy reading, thus there will probably be another unhaul somewhere around the end of the year.